Everlife (Swindon) work throughout Swindon providing care to people in thier own homes. We are seeking indviduals who are passionate about caring and providing exceptional care to our customers. We offer excellent rates of pay with enhancements for evenings and weekends. We are looking for support workers interested in working nights, these could be either waking or sleep in nights. You can choose to work part time or full time nights, weekday or weekend nights. We also have positions available for days, evenings and weekends only.
We understand that taking on a new career can be challenging and we provide all the training and support needed to ensure you are able to provide the high level of care required. We offer ongoing training and opporunities to further your career in the care sector.
A car is essential as you will be visiting customers in their own homes. A full job desription and job specifiaction can be found below.
To undertake care/support work with the sensitivity required to provide services in a way which preserve the dignity, privacy, choice, independence, fulfilment and rights of the people who use our services.
Delivering The Highest Standard Of Quality Care To All Service Users.
- To support service users to lead as independent a life as possible.
- To provide personal care and support to service users as detailed in their individual care/ support plan.
- To adhere to the requirements laid out in the risk assessments and care/ support plans to ensure that the service user lives as safely as possible in their own home.
- To prepare meals, ensuring a balanced diet, undertake household and cleaning tasks, social interaction and any other tasks outlined in the care/ support plan.
- To dress appropriately for the post in accordance with the Company Dress Code.
- To develop good communication and develop effective working relationships with service users and others.
- Be willing to work within a service users own home, accepting the different environments and varying capabilities of service users.
- To encourage service users independence, while ensuring dignity, choice and respect at all times.
Supporting the Company Office and Its Performance
- To ensure that any Health and Safety issues are reported immediately.
- Ensure accurate and full records are kept for each service users.
- To deliver flexible care and support for service users who require this.
- To liaise with peers and other professionals as required and appropriate.
- To report any concerns, complaints or safeguarding/ protection issues.
- To attend staff meetings, training, supervisions and appraisals where necessary.
Supporting Stakeholders and Their Requirements
- To attend and participate in case conferences and reviews as and when required.
- To alert Managers/Quality Officers/Company Office Staff to any changes in the service users condition or circumstances.
- Take responsibility for the safe handling of property and equipment belonging to the service user.
- Be available and willing to undertake any other tasks specified by line management relevant to the role and to the needs of the service user.
- To communicate effectively with all peer groups.
Occasionally, you may be required to
- Undertake other duties as requested by your Line Manager
Able to show a high level of initiative and empathy when working with service users. To be able to communicate at all levels effectively and to be able to recognise changes in service user’s needs or circumstances. To be able to travel within a community setting and have flexibility and reliability.
- Good comprehension of the English language
- Ability to recognise poor practice
- Understanding of the principles of Empowerment
- Working Knowledge of the Safeguarding Process
- Ability to recognise and report hazards
- Able to carry out moving and positioning techniques
- Ability to show empathy
- Accurate Record Keeping
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to work alone
Desirable Skills / Qualifications
- QCF Level 2 in Health and Social Care
- Understanding of Supporting people to live independently
- Specialist Training - Various
- Ability to speak on behalf of others
- Able to work on own initiative
- Communicating Effectively
- Quality Focused
- People Skills
Suggested Performance Measures
- Timekeeping and Punctuality
- Work Attendance
- You must provide a copy of your full and accurate Driving Licence together with a copy of the relevant Insurance Certificate showing Class 1 Business cover.