First City Nursing Services deliver a lead provider contract on behalf of Swindon Borough Council and Swindon Clinical Commissioning Group. Due to growing demand for our services, we are delighted to offer an opportunity for an Observing Quality Officer to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for observing care & support staff working in the community and extra care schemes to ensure Quality & Compliance is being met.
The successful candidate will support staff to work in a strength-based approach with the people that use the service to achieve their outcomes and goals in life, whilst supporting staff who may require additional guidance and mentoring.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible with working patterns as observations will be required during early mornings, late evenings, and weekends.
The successful candidate will work under guidance of First City Nursing , Head of Operations and First City Nursing Quality & Compliance Lead.
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience of supporting and observing practises within a diverse staff group with differing abilities.
- Experience and ability to handle and improve practises.
- Experience in engaging with Social Care & Health Care professionals
- Knowledge of the Health and Social care system including CQC regulations & Health & Safety.
- Flexible work approach to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to prioritize and manage work loads
- To act as a positive role model for care & support staff
- Effective communication skills and IT skills
- Being able to create accurate reports and work to timescales
- Being tactful and patient.
- Minimum qualification NVQ level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent.
- Car driver essential with access to a vehicle.
- To support care staff and assess/undertake conduct and competency observations within the community. This will include accurate records of the relevant feedback, and investigations to ensure standards in care practises are maintained.
- Ensure compliance with First City Nursing policies and procedures at all times are maintained
- Ability to motivate and maximise staff performance to achieve the organisational goals and requirements of the service
- Assure our SHAPE team , that staff are carrying out their duties in line with the agreements made with service users and commissioners
- Provide feedback to staff based on observations of their practice ,ensure that they are meeting the service’s expectation and report further feedback and learning to their department leads.
- Correct any misunderstandings and mistakes that might be made in a tactful and patient manner
- Discuss directly with service users their care arrangements and identify any concerns they might have and report to Department Leads and Compliance Lead.
- Address any unsafe or poor practices that might be identified.
- Audit care notes and electronic system usage to ensure staff are completing the correct procedures prior to observations being completed.
- Flexible working over a 40-hour week
- Access to Employee assistance programme with Health Assured.
- Development and career prospects
- Excellent training and support
- 28 days Paid annual leave including bank holidays
Competitive Salary based on experience.