Information & Advice Project Worker - 6 month temporary contract, 18 hours per weekhttps://www.ageuk.org.uk/bp-assets/globalassets/wiltshire/get-invovled/recruitment/project-worker-job-description-and-person-specification.pdf
Excellent pro rata salary offered!
Age UK Wiltshire is offering a rewarding opportunity to join a dedicated Information & Advice team giving help and support to older people on a wide range of subjects, enabling them to overcome the difficulties they are experiencing.
The Information & Advice line is the gateway to all Age UK Wiltshire services, so the post requires someone who is experienced in customer service, has an awareness and understanding of the needs of older people, has strong IT and telephone skills and is able to supervise a small team of volunteer advisors.
Ideally the post requires someone who is familiar with the benefit system and particularly welfare benefits for people over state retirement age. Having experience in social care and/or housing would also be an advantage.
The post will be based at the nearest Age UK Wiltshire office (Devizes, Salisbury or Swindon) and will also involve service delivery at various outreach locations throughout Wiltshire and Swindon. Access to, and the use of a reliable car, a current driving licence and a commitment to travel, is essential.
This role will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
To co-ordinate support and provide information and advice to individual older people through the Age UK Wiltshire Information & Advice Service.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Information and Advice Service
- Provide a supervisory role during an advice session at one of the AUKW offices. Assess enquiries as they come in and allocate a suitable adviser to deal with it dependent on the level of skill required. Coach lesser skilled advisers to deal with more complex queries leading to an up-skilling of all advisers over time.
- Provide advice and case work support on more complex issues during an advice session.
- Quality check case notes of the advisers you are supervising and give constructive feedback, enabling the advisers to learn and ensuring their work is to the required quality standard of Age UK.
- Oversee specific projects within the Information & Advice Service and manage teams of volunteers who work on these projects.
- Undertake annual 1-2-1 supervision with volunteers that you line manage where such supervision is required or requested.
- Undertake specialist advice work and casework when not running an advice session.
- Provide information & advice to communities throughout Wiltshire by attending outreach sessions.
- Undertake home visits to service users as required.
- Assist with the recruitment and training of Information & Advice volunteers.
- Maintain information systems and resources.
- Record all activity and contacts using our online contact management system and provide reports as required.
- Undertake such other duties as may be from time to time required
2) General responsibilities:
- Contribute to the wider aims and objectives of the organisation.
- Take part in Age UK Wiltshire events and activities as agreed
- Attend regular supervision sessions and annual appraisals with line manager to provide feedback and enhanced future planning and direction
- To attend staff meetings, training courses and other meetings as required.
- To comply with Age UK Wiltshire policies with particular regard to Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Confidentiality.
- To be committed to Age UK Wiltshire policy and procedures on keeping adults safe from abuse, ensuring that all alleged abuse is reported to a Senior Manager and that safeguarding is embedded in all decisions and actions.
- To show flexibility and a willingness to cover for other staff.
- To provide support to the offices, staff and volunteers of the charity as required.
- Maintain the professional integrity of the Charity and represent its main interests in any dealings with other bodies, groups and individuals.
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time.