First City Nursing and Care have 10 bespoke opportunities for experienced support workers to support our intermediate and reablement services. This position is unique to a traditional domiciliary care role, as you hold further responsibilities, including liaising with other healthcare professionals to review a person’s support on an ongoing basis, ensuring a holistic approach with a focus on achieving the person’s desired outcomes.
Take the next step of your career and apply to a position where you will hold more autonomy, problem solve and make a positive impact on other people’s day to day living. No day will be the same as you join an outstanding team of highly trained individuals to promote and encourage independence to customers within your local community. We are proud to support other healthcare organisations including the local hospital by enabling individuals to return to their own home when hospital admission is no longer required.
A full, valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential for this position as you will be traveling within the community to support individuals in their own homes. The successful applicant will:
• Embrace First City’s values and be honest, reliable, caring, trustworthy and compassionate
• Hold a Level 3 or equivalent in health and social care, or be willing to undertake this qualification
• Hold a minimum of one year’s experience in health and social care (within a community-based setting would be preferable)
• Hold a full, valid driving licence and have access to your own vehicle
• Promote and encourage independence, working with customers to achieve their outcomes and what matters to them
• Have excellent communication skills and be confident to liaise with other healthcare professionals to advise on and support customers’ requirements, which can include equipment needs and dosset box deliveries
• Provide person centred support, ensuring the customer is at the heart of everything they do
• Be resilient and able to problem solve in order to overcome challenges faced
• Be a team player, while also having the initiative to work independently
In return First City offer:
• A huge sense of satisfaction in your work
• A competitive salary
• Paid Mileage
• Guaranteed hours *T&Cs apply
• Excellent, in-house training
• Support from a highly experienced team of professionals
• Pension scheme
• Access to a shared pool car
With the challenges faced by the industry during Covid19 the healthcare industry needs strong and passionate individuals to continue their amazing work supporting others. Take the next step in your healthcare career and apply today.
*ALL EMPLOYMENT WITH FIRST CITY NURSING AND CARE IS SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY REFERENCES, ENHANCED DBS CHECK AND FULL COMPLETION OF MANDATORY TRAINING*