Take your career in Healthcare to the next stage, as First City have a fantastic opportunity for a full time Care Co-ordinator. This is the perfect role for an existing Care Co-ordinator, Care Supervisor or a Care Assistant looking to progress their career.
The Co-ordinator holds one of the most important positions in First City as all your actions directly affect the happiness and wellbeing of both our customers and our staff.
The purpose of the Care Co-ordinator role is to make sure our customers receive excellent quality care and support to help them remain safe and comfortable in their own homes.
You will be joining a team of friendly and kind-hearted professionals who are proud of the work they do, We provide training and ongoing support to ensure you understand our carers and our customers. Our Care Co-ordinator is part of the care team and would be expected to help with care calls where necessary.
Key responsibilities of a Care Coordinator:
- Allocation of care workers to customer visits using effective rostering, ensuring continuity of care and considering locations, skills required.
- Communicating regularly with care workers, providing guidance and resolving queries in a timely manner
- Maintaining telephone contact with customers and staff members
- Ensure telephone calls are answered in a timely, polite and professional manner
- Ensure all paperwork is completed and entered onto relevant systems
- Support with the delivery of the on-call rota, dependent on the needs of the business. This will include being the designated contact for the out of hours teams during evening/weekends and supporting all aspects of care delivery.
- Support the field team covering customer visits to support the business needs when required.
- Be the 1st line of support for carers and clients with care related enquiries
- Ensure compliance is met within the office and the care calls
- Assist and support the manager
- Maintain integrity when dealing with confidential matters
- Provide supervisory support and instruction to care staff
- Adhere to company policies
- Approach clients with understanding and empathy, remembering that each client is to be treated as an individual
- Work as part of a team that revolves around person-centred care and support
The successful candidate will:
- Be computer literate and have good office skills
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have an empathetic and a caring nature
- Be organised and can work calmly under pressure
- Have experience of working in various Healthcare settings
- Be a people person with good communication skills
- Be a team player
- Support with other tasks required to meet the needs of the business.
The following would be beneficial:
Health and social care qualifications (NVQ 2/3 or above)
Valid driving licence with access to a car
- Salary £24,258 which is inclusive of the minimum involvement in the out of hours rota
- 20 days annual leave entitlement plus statutory bank holiday
- Workplace pension scheme
- Supportive induction, and training and development
* Further earning potential exists within this role
Office hours are 08.30am -17.00pm, salary includes on call duties which is a requirement of the role. Some flexibility in hours may be required to suit the needs of the business. Any employment with First City Nursing and Care is subject to satisfactory references and DBS check and full completion of any training required.
This position may be closed sooner if a suitable candidate is appointed
ALL EMPLOYMENT WITH FIRST CITY NURSING AND CARE IS SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY REFERENCES, ENHANCED DBS CHECK AND FULL COMPLETION OF MANDATORY TRAINING