Job Title: Assistant Care Manager
Location: Swindon Borough Council
Hours: 37 Hours per week
Statutory and or Qualifications required for this post: NVQ in Care Level 3 or equivalent
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Care Manager to join the Urgent Care Team within the Community Response Hub, in a friendly, supportive and dynamic team.
We have just restructured all of the Adult Care Service areas to ensure that we can deliver the best services to residents of Swindon. As an Assistant Care Manager, you will work as part of a team supporting residents of Swindon. You will demonstrate good communication skills and enjoy working in a fast pace environment.
- To work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, carrying out assessments with older people and
- To use the care-planning process to identify the most appropriate way to promote independence.
- To provide advice, information, and signpost to other agencies/ support services as appropriate,
- To arrange for the provision of services, equipment/ minor adaptations as appropriate.
- To manage a delegated caseload, under the supervision of a Care Manager/Social Worker, who will retain overall responsibility
- To collect and share information with the team manager and other team members
- To carry out needs led, person-centered, contact and overview assessments as directed by the Care
- manager/social worker in order to identify needs.
- To provide information to carers, including their right to a carer’s assessment. Carry out carer’s
- assessments and feedback needs/ risks to Care Manager.
Knowledge and Experience:
- have an in-depth understanding of working in a social care environment
- To have developed a knowledge and understanding of working within the Care Act 2014.
- understand and identify the benefits and challenges, in relation to working in a multi-disciplinary team
- To be able to work effectively using own initiative, as well as following directions
Contacts and Relationships Public:
- Potential/Service users
- Colleagues (Primary Care/ Hospital/ Housing/ Learning and development/ Mental Health.
- Domiciliary care agencies / ICES / FAB team
To apply for this post, you will need to evidence satisfactory employment references, have the Right to Work in The UK and be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.