Downsview Care Centre, Swindon, SN4 0EU
HOURS: Part Time including every other weekend.
Coate Water Care is an experienced care home provider, committed to delivering the highest standards of person centred care to older people in our residential and nursing homes.
To build upon our success story, we rely on our passionate and dedicated staff at all levels.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated and organised team player to join us as an Activities Co-ordinator at our Downsview Care Centre. Downsview Care Centre. delivers compassionate residential, dementia and respite care in a high quality and lively environment. You will need to be cheerful, flexible and adaptable with an empathetic nature.
Many of our residents are living with various age related conditions, including dementia, but still strive to lead a full and active life and need support to maintain their social interests and activities. If you have some knowledge and experience of caring for elderly people and understanding dementia, come from a caring background and have a genuine love and understanding of older people then this job could be for you.
Experience in activities for older people will be an advantage. Excellent communication skills will be required.
You will be required to work four to five days per week out of seven which will include some weekends - hours will be varied according to the programme of arranged activities.
The key responsibilities of our Activities Co-ordinators include:
· Maintaining the highest quality of care to clients within the home through the provision of a stimulating environment in which the emotional, social, physical and intellectual needs of the individual are met.
· Ensuring that defined policies as laid down by the home manager are adhered to at all times.
· Bringing to the attention of the management any concerns noted within the client group.
· Acting all times in a professional manner to visitors, staff and clients within the home.
· Ensuring risk assessments have been carried out on all activities and outings.
· Producing monthly news sheet, articles for marketing material / magazines and web site.
· Photographing events in the home.
· Ensuring invites, acknowledgments such as cards and letters are sent out.
· Liaising with clients and families in producing a life history for all residents.
· Ensuring all records of activities are kept up to date.
· Chairing regular meetings or visits to clients to establish any needs or concerns they may have.
· Producing and managing a weekly activities programme.
· Planning activities according to the interests and preferences of the residents. This may include examples such as: a Quiz; Themed parties; Knitting; Woodwork; Bingo; Word Search; Gardening; Arts & Crafts; Shopping trips with clients; Music events; Outings; manicures & Beauty Therapy; Sewing Groups; Cooking; Reminiscence Activities and organise Residents meetings.
· Organising garden fetes.
· Ensuring publicity via the media as authorised by and in conjunction with the Home Manager / Directors
· Any other necessary duties as agreed with Directors / Operations Team
Coate Water Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent